I am very late to this party, very late. But I have an excuse; I was hostage to a bunch of pirates. I can’t really remember only his name. It rhymes with Illness. And after he left, another decided to hold me captive and his name was “Project” and he often left me exhausted. But he’s nicer than the first guy. So I didn’t know what going on social media for a long time and I honestly cared much less than I usually do. Then I browsed through twitter and hello!!
The rules were;
- Thank the person that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice. When considering a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, keep in mind the quality of their writing, the uniqueness of their subject matter and the level of love displayed on the virtual page.
- Link your nominees and let them know about their nomination.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
Being “out of it” ain’t cool, I missed a lot. So…better late than never. *laughs at self* This is so late though. *LOL*
Seven facts (should I really call these facts, I’m a growing girl *snickers* I change my mind about a million things nearly every two days…seven days, it all depends on what the matter at hand is. But here goes.
- I love food. It’s like sunshine for your tummy…and your body. A few close friends of mine once said that the way to my heart is FOOD. I cannot confirm or deny this claim. I failed an English Composition exercise once in P.5 because my composition was apparently not specific as to what my favourite dish was. But how was I to choose. Food is good. That’s all we need to know. I love good food. I’ll say it again, I love good food. I will also say this, I love pastries; bread, cake, croissants, doughnuts, muffins, all of it. I love pastries. If a doctor ever tells me I can’t have any sugar ever again in my entire life, I will laugh and ask said doctor to buy me a cupcake. I also really like tea. It’s the perfect accompaniment for m pastries. I blame my parents partly for my love for tea. The rest of the blame falls on a number of my friends who I often dine with.
- I am not a morning person. A lot of people say I smile a lot, which should be a good thing because there are times when I think I am part of club of the people that have the unfortunate bitch-face. But if you want to see real bitch-face, it’s during those first gruelling minutes after I have woken up and all I want is to be left alone for a few minutes so I can breathe. Let’s not try to have deep riveting conversations about anything because my replies might sound like, “hhmmmmmpphhh” “mmmgggrrrrrhhhh” in other words presumably growling caveman mumble. This is why I sit up in bed for 5 to 10 minutes before getting out of bed. My mother doesn’t like it.
- I beg that no one uses this against me. I am claustrophobic. It’s worse when it’s hot and everything and everyone around me is a strange and new. This is why I sit at the window in taxis and also why I don’t want anything from my neighbour touching me. See why I need a car.
- I need a new laptop and if anyone out there bought me one along with a hard drive, I’d be the happiest girl in the world and not for a limited time. I’d also be able to put together that collection of short stories that I intend to publish without a fear of having to write everything down on pieces of paper that cockroaches would find and eat not because I’ve kept the papers for too long but because cockroaches are terrorists and saboteurs. I’d also be able to work happily on all the projects that I am currently busying myself with. Can anybody hear me?! I really need a new laptop. If you’re interested in helping this lovely soul out, you can leave a comment on the comment section of send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.orgI accept PayPal donations. My PayPal email address is email@example.com
- I rarely do my finger nails because they end up distracting me. I stare at them too long singing, “I’m so pretty. Oh so pretty” I also tend to avoid wearing clothes that expose too much cleavage because that distracting me too. The whole time I’m like, “My my my, headturners alert. You, my sisters are beautiful” and “Is this what people see? My goodness. Try and pull attention to your nose, it’s cute too.”
- I can do 5 push ups without crying, “Please let me be”. I’m not even sure if I’m doing them the right way. Within the end of this month, I’ll be able to do more and if I continue on that journey, maybe there won’t be any more crying. I intend to be able to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro when I’m 40, 65, 80 and older without breaking a sweat. It starts with being able to do 5 push ups without crying.
- I love my family. I love my friends. I love my God. I love my country; dust, crazy people, unstable weather patterns and all. There are a million things I want to do in life and a million more that I want to learn; a million is of course an exaggeration to mean many, and my list keeps growing longer and I hope that as I tick those things off my lists, my family, friends and country will all be in a better place because of something I did or something I contributed.
- I’m one of those people who gets weird about odd numbers. Perhaps it’s the name they were given “odd” So I tend to make sure that when I count things, I end on an even number, when I’m adjusting the volume on the t.v, when I’m getting scoops of ice cream. Except when it comes to numbers like 1 and multiples of 5. 1 seems absolutely fine and complete on its own and 5 is dead centre of it all so there’s like a perfect balance. So yes, that’s why I’m adding an 8th point, which will be short…I am shy. I am introvert and my mother doesn’t like it. But I try to be “out there” for her sake and mine, I guess.
And now for Blogs that I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Jemima.She just makes me happy. On and off her blog. She’s my mind friend.
- Stephen. For all things tech. I sometimes visit his blog just to educate myself on a few things I don’t know and then find that I really don’t know a lot and get scared and run away and then come back when I’m calmer.
- Imigani. Just a fun blog I must say. he first time I saw the name. I was confused. I failed to read it. my head kept telling me “imagine-i” Smh. These sisters make me feel like I’m not doing much with my youth. They also make me add so much to my already loaded and packed bucketlist.
- Evelyn. We’ve been friends since those terrible times when puberty was one of the biggest problems in a girl’s life. She often uses the term “mind friend” on her blog and I strangely understand this. Her blog is great because it kind of calms you down so if you ever feel like my blog just rails you up, read hers right after so you calm down. Or read the Bible. Or both because reading is good.
- Honey. Honey is my goofy. I love this girl. She thinks out loud on her blog which is great thing because I often finally feel safe with my own thoughts because some of them are just as crazy as hers. Sometimes worse, but it’s great to know that I’m not alone.
- Kye, aaaiiiii, of writers that make you emotional and send you to your room to hug your pillow if you aren’t already there. I love the way Kye writes. I feel like I could learn a thing or two from her. I need to pick her mind if only she weren’t hiding in work. Who am I kidding? Aren’t we all?! But seriously, Kye is cool beans.
- Patricia, known her since primary school. I didn’t know she could write until I knew she could write.
- Cathy, another person who thinks out loud and I think it’s amazing to read such blogs because your thoughts stop feeling so claustrophobic being shut away in your head.
- Beewol. Need I say more. Doesn’t everyone know this guy by now. Mondays. Mondays.
- There are a number of blogs that I have visited in the past that made me want to go back but alas by the morning when the day and its drama descends upon thy shoulder, one forgets because I do actually tend to keep blog reading for before bed time and traffic jams and/or rides in taxis. Then when you finally have some time on your hands, I ask myself, what was the name of that blog and I can’t remember and my browser history isn’t helping much. That’s how great things often get lost.But I’m discovering some good stuff out there so my list is always growing. It will be longer when I get a better internet service provider.
Okay, then. I’m done. I’d like some cookies now.